Netgear WGXB 102 Wall plugged extender
Netgear wireless routers are one of the best wireless networking devices available to users worldwide. Netgear has maintained its name on the top rank due to the continuous innovation in the router technology. Netgear possesses some of the high-end wireless routers in its catalog. The routers from Netgear can be easily configured through the web domain www.router login.net.
Besides producing the best wireless routers and modems, Netgear also delivers the top-notch quality range repeaters. The range repeaters are actually the devices that are used to boost up the existing poor Wi-Fi signal cover of the router. These range extenders also need to be configured prior to their addition in the wireless network. The range extenders from Netgear can be configured by accessing the web domain www.mywifiext.net.
Step by step guide for setting up and configuring your Netgear wireless range extender.
The Netgear wireless range extender can be connected to your Wi-Fi router through any of the three methods stated below.
- Connection through the WPS button
- Connection through the Wi-Fi of the system
- Connection through the Ethernet cable
WPS mode of connection (Netgear WGXB 102 Wall plugged extender)
The WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup) method is the best available method of connecting the range extender to the router. Establishing a secure and stable connection between the range extender and the router is much necessary as it is the only wireless method which is quite easy to use. The WPS connection between the range extender and the wireless router can be set up by following our easy setup guide mentioned below.
- First of all open your range extender from its packing and plug it into the wall socket near your Wi-Fi router.
- Now, press the WPS button on the back or front side of the router and within two minutes of time, you have to push the WPS button of your extender.
- Now, if the WPS LED on both the extender and router turns solid green or amber, it indicates that the router and the extender are now connected with each other.
- You will never need to set it up again. Just plug and play your Netgear range extender next time.
- Follow the rest of the instructions on the screen to complete the setup between the extender and the wireless router.
Important to remember
- Most of the Netgear wireless range extenders come with a preloaded feature of finding the best spot to place it. This feature can be utilized by seeing the navigation LED indicators.
- If the left arrow sign LED glows red, move the extender to its left and vice versa.
- It is recommended to place your range extender at a halfway distance between your router and the computer system.
Wi-Fi connection between the extender and the router through mywifiext.net
This is another easy method of enhancing the wireless range of your router. Just connect your extender to a power outlet nearby your Wi-Fi router and switch it on.
Wait till the Wi-Fi indicator light on it starts to blink and gets stable.
Now, open the Wi-Fi section of your PC and see the list of available wireless networks. The SSID name of your range extender will be quite identical if you are using the same brand devices.
Select the range extender network and double click it to connect with your router.
Now, open the web browser and enter the web address www.mywifiext.net to configure your extender with the router.